The Buffy Pad System is made up of three separate elements that are sold separately
1. The Backer Pad (1 each per bag) is the blue & white pad that screws onto the 5/8" x 11" grinder/polisher arbor (i.e. threaded end of the attachment shaft) and holds the Grabber Pad. the rubber, tapered face allows the system to easily follow the contours of irregular wood surfaces.
2. The Grabber Pad (10 pads per bag) protects the much more expensive Backer Pad from damage. Grabber pads are used up at the rate of about 1 per every 10-20 Buffy Pads.
3. The Buffy Pad (30 pads per bag) is a non-woven fabric pad that is pressed and twisted onto the black plastic "T" hooks of the Grabber Pad. Buffy Pads should NOT be run at speeds higher than 4,000 RPM!FEATURES:
- Non-woven steel-free pads – no rusting bits left behind on the wood
- Extremely fast de-felting
- Three part system reduces equipment fatigue and costs less than integrated buffing pads
- Gentle enough for even soft woods
- Leave little or no swirls in the wood
- Great on most hand-rail spindles and most flat surfaces (as well as round).
- Ideal as sole interior prep method
- Easy to use and change-out
- Use with a variable speed grinder for efficient and easy work